Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday meanderings....

I don't need to post about the temperature here, since it's up above for all to see and I know that other parts of the country are the same if not colder so I won't mention how freakin' cold my legs were at the busstop this morning even in my jeans. Opps, did I say it anyway?

Much to do today, despite the cold and my daughter's head cold. The poor thing.

I need to icing and decorate my son's birthday cake... fun fun. I plan to eat lunch with him today at school (they let parents do this once a year, usually near his b-day) and today is pizza day so I'm all for that. LOL

But I need to get his b-day gift. I know what you're thinking...boy, nothing like waiting til the last minute, Angel. Now wait a minute there Mr./Ms. Blogger! That isn't fair. I had to wait due to finances so back off!....lol I'm in a weird mood. Tell me, is it cruel to buy a boy a brand new bike for his birthday when it's only 8 degrees out this morning?

He needs the bike, his knees are hitting the handle bars on the old one and the bike my parents won and gave to him is two sizes up from what he needs. Sure the bike will be added to the other items for spring and summer days that Santa brought, new roller blades for the boy, new roller skates and a scooter for the girl. He will get other gifts so I'm sure it will be fine. He already got an awesome hockey sweater (yes, a sweater. I know we tend to call them jerseys but in the spirit of the Canadian born sport I will use their term) from his uncle. Of course he loved it even though it wasn't his favorite hockey team, the Penguins, because his uncle had his birth year as the numbers on the chest and our last name on the back. He had me wash it so he could wear it yesterday. He also got a planetarium thing from another aunt and uncle that teaches him about the planets and constillations. He loves it. So I'm sure we'll be fine.

I know this is a boring and all-over-the-place post but it's all I got right now. I'm off to make icing! Blog ya later!

4 comments:

LID said...

A bike in the winter is not mean as long as you let him ride it in the living room!
Have fun @ lunch! Pizza and the Boy! Great!

"blog ya later" LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at school. MMMMM Pizza.

Terry said...

First cupcakes, now a cake... I am on my way. !!!

Angel said...

long island dad...I'm relieved to know I'm not being cruel to him with his gift. The pizza was quite good but the company was better. Glad you enjoyed 'blog ya later'. It's my fav saying these days. LOL

finished last.... as you already know I did have fun at lunch. Thank you! Have a great weekend! ;-)

Terry.... Ohhh I'm torturing you? LOL. For my son's kids party on the 24th I'm making a chocolate chip cookie cake. LOL. Come on up! We will have all sorts of diet breaking food. I better beware myself since I'm committed to the 'future milf' club. I MUST look nice in a bikini by April!