Finding the slices of heaven.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A day in review...

So today I went to a training seminar on hardwood floor and took good notes like a dutiful student. I was able to take my daughter and it seems this arrangement might work out. That's exciting. And this evening my manager left a call on my cell phone giving me a heads up that I will have my first 'design' client on Thursday helping the woman with her floor plans for her new home in florida. Fun fun! Now I have to call her to find out more about how the freelance thing works if the appointment is in the store. ? Hmmm.

About an hour and a half into the 2 hour meeting my daughter got bored in the toy room and joined me, sitting on my lap while eating Spongebob shaped cheez-its. She was so well behaved and I was never more proud AND I get paid for the time there. How awesome is that?

Today was a lazy day. I finished my story.... it came to me and is good but the ending isn't a happy one for the first time. It is off to my editor for his critical eye.

I did get more laundry done and a ton of dishes. Tomorrow I will clean like a banshee. Tonight both hubby and I were feeling a bit down and tried to resolve it with a good butt smack session. Now before you roll your eyes and think that 'Angel's being strawberryangel again' Just stop that. It was me, hubby and both kids and we kept lightly smacking each other in teh butt while trying to keep our own butts from being smacked. Laughter ensued all around and helped lift our spirits.

It's 'fat tuesday' and do I abandon my quest for 'future milf' status and endulge in ice cream before having to fast tomorrow? That is the question I ponder now as I sign off.

6 comments:

LID said...

What's a pint of ice cream between friends -- who'll know! It's FAT Tuesday -- how could you let that go by!!!!

Mike said...

And if the girl is well-bahaved at work, maybe they should be paying her, too?

Mike said...

well-behaved

For the love of god, can I get a spell-checker over here?

Angel said...

long island dad... a few scoops of ice cream and a banana. That's what I indulged in last night. Now where is the freakin' treadmill. Pardon my language.

Mike... I heartily agree.
*spell-checker.. aisle 2 please, spell-checker, aisle 2."

lioux said...

OMG!!!

I Love, Love, Love Siouxsie And The Banshees!

I don't, however, know their cleaning habits.

Anonymous said...

Let's see for Fat Tuesday I went to the gym and ate grape tomatoes as my late night snack.