Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Myspace functioning

I joined myspace and got my own page to reconnect with friends from high school and college. I was delighted that some of my new blogging friends are now on my friends list. Yesterday I got a message from someone. The myspace name wasn't something I recognized but I went to the message to make sure. In the end it was someone I was friends with for a looooong time in high school. He was someone I could always talk to from 7th grade through to graduation. A wonderful guy that never failed to make me laugh. You see I was mostly friends with guys as graduation neared.

I had been friends with girls in what our grade considered the 'in crowd'. In 7th grade I was tight with them. We began the normal rebellious behavior. Swearing, trying cigarettes and blah blah blah. At my 13th b-day sleep over my then friends thought it would be fun to bring cigarettes. I had yet to really find them to be cool (I never did find them to be cool and really never became a smoker.) When my mom figured out what was going on (and lets face it, mom's usually know what's going non) man was I in trouble. The thing is, I could never lie to my mom. Call it fear? Call it respect? Call it the inability to lie? Whatever. She asked who brought the cigs and I told her the truth. She never called the other girl's moms but I was grounded. Somewhere in school I must have told the girls what my mom asked and what I told her. I found out at our reunion that that's what got me outted. Being honest with my mom. For 11 years I wondered what it was and was surprised that it was something so stupid.

But in school it made it difficult to be a part of a group one day and then not the next and not know why. Even before I was outted I had become friends with this guy. Sure he made lude comments to me as most teenage boys seemed to do but he and I got along well and had fun. We remained friends throughout our jr and sr high school days. I was quite upset that I didn't get to talk to him at the reunion.

So yesterday he found me on myspace through the search through our high school. We were both excited to find each other and get to catch up. So Myspace is functioning as I wish it to be. woo hoo!

5 comments:

LID said...

That's great! You need to give us your link at MS. LID is a my space member too -- although I don't use it alot -- it's enough just keeping up to date with my blog, Heh!

Angel said...

I shared my myspace page ages ago but now I realized it was on the blog 'Damn You Dan' I believe. I don't myspace a lot, only when I get an email notification that someone has requested to be my friend or sent a message. I think myspace heavy surfing is a generational thing of which, given my slightly advancing years, I am not privy to. Angel's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thestrawberryangel

lioux said...

MySpace can sometimes be awesome.

Terry said...

My myspace finally calmed down after the initial week. I too, have found a few old friends... Aint it grand!!!

Angel said...

Lioux... it can be.

Terry.... that's because you have your pretty face showing. I tried to change my picture instead of the avatar but can't figure out how to change it. Not that I think that will have them hitting on me or anything. LOL Excellent Terry! Woo hoo to myspace!