Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A moment with my Peanut

My daughter has always named things: her dolls, her animals her horses. Back in time the names were a blur like 'ala' and 'abda' because she failed to come up with a name. Then everything was either her or her brother's name.

Yesterday she engaged her dad and I in a conversation about 'when I grow up'. She was thinking about the pets she'd have when she will be an adult. (Bear in mind we have one dog, one cat and one fish.) She told us she would have a black cat and name it licorice (color us surprised by her creative answer. We are LOVING that name.) Then she would have a dog that was brown (hmmm like the dog we HAVE?) and name him (and here we forgot but today she came up with the name I'm listing here) "Cheesy. LOL And she'd have a fish (which if this 'Jason' fish we have that is 4 years old is as scary as I think it might be the SAME fish) she'd name him 'Deary'.

Why am I sharing this? Simple. We tend to forget these things she says. We try to write funny things down but have fallen off that habit. So I plan to write those things here and every month print it out and keep a binder for my kids to look back and laugh at when they grow up. I'm like Monica on 'Friends' with binders and labels. LOL.

So there is a moment with my Peanut.

7 comments:

LID said...

That's a great idea.

She's so cute!

Mike said...

That was the whole reason for my blog.

The kids say crazy crap and I might want to use it against them later...

Well, maybe that isn;t your intentions, but clearly, mine.

lioux said...

Licorice is a great name.

Anonymous said...

its good that you are recording this stuff. You will be so glad to be able to remember it later on. Trust me.

Angel said...

LID... thanks! I thought so. hee hee.

Mike... you are sheer evil. ;D

lioux... it really is. I was impressed.

Finished last... thanks. As long as I remember to print it and get in my 'Monica' mode. lol

Terry said...

When I was little, I was not that creative.. Black dog-Blackie.... Brown Dog-Brownie... But Licorice... now that is a clever idea. I like it!!

Angel said...

Terry... I know! It was quite creative!!