Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Thursday!

Okay... the temp (according to my handy dandy weather strip above) shows it's 1 degree out. Wow! Double wow!

My son is on a 2-hour delay and so we will be venturing out into the frozen tundra that is outside my door. Hubby was supposed to wake me early to help him shovel but told me he decided not to because he said I was sleeping like an angel. Awwwwwww so sweet. My sore arms thank him. Thanks sweetie (even though you don't read this *sticks tongue out*)

The 2-hour delay means my daughter does NOT have school, it's the preschool's policy that on a delay day ALL classes (morning and afternoon) are cancelled. I paid my tuition, there better be make-up days.

Hubby also got me a box of Sarris Chocolates *** correction... He got me chocolate from Betsy Ann. My son has a fundraiser for Sarris and I got confused. He pointed out my error. Just updating you all! ***(a local chocolatier that is delicious) and my favorites, chocolate covered caramels. He even brought the kids each a chocolate lolly pop (a football for the boy and a ballerina for the girl.) To add to THAT he picked up the pizzas I ordered. Can you say FAB-U-LOUS valentines? I don't need to go out when pizza's in the house! I can eat in my skivies if I so choose! LOL Funny note: Hubby said that he found a new use for the seat warmer in Wolfee. Apparently they double as pizza warmers. LMAO. Silly man.

On the job front, my free business cards from Vistaprint.com arrived the other day so when I start my job the evening of the 19th, I will have Interior Design freelance cards to start raking in the big bucks. LOL.

Later today I plan to post pics... all in one post of the Valentine boxes and a few other things. Happy Thursday!!! Did I mention the sun is shining!? Well it is. Holy cow! The sun is shining!? Yeah, but it's 1 degree out. sheesh.

8 comments:

lioux said...

Happy Thursday To You!!!

LID said...

When we had our VW (before children) I too used the heated seats for take-out warming... man's ingenuity!

1 degree? 19 here... Ah, like a heat wave... I should turn up the A/C!

Happy Thursday!

Mike said...

about 35 here. so we broke out my leather coat and big jackets today.

Brrrrrr.

Angel said...

Thanks Lioux! Glad to see you back at Company Inc.!

Long island dad..I found the ingenuity amusing. Heat wave indeed! lol

Mike... 35 would feel like a heat wave. When it got that warm here the last time I didn't zip my coat. But to your thin blood I'm sure it's cold. LOL. I'm taking my mind off it by searching for a Gulf coast rental for our trip in April and remembering we have a rental in FL also in August (for free.... woo hoo!)

Love Bears All Things said...

Sarris chocalates, I remember those and going to the place they are made.
We had 25 degrees today and very cold in the wind. I didn't get out much. But some of my neighbors were walking their dogs. J said he took his walk about 3:00 at work and had to cover his nose. Mama Bear

Angel said...

Mama Bear... I was confused (because I love Sarris Chocolates.) The chocolate he bought was from Betsy Annes. Silly Angel.

Brrr... cold down there for you guys. My son got off the bus today (12 degrees) without a hat and gloves. I hope it warms up for all of us!

Anonymous said...

I could have gone for some Valentines pizza.

Angel said...

Pizza is good ANY day. It WAS good.... sorry I didn't leave you any. ;-)