Finding the slices of heaven.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Things heard in my driveway this evening...

Hubby got home and for the first time since getting 'wolfee' (aka the Jetta) we wished we still had the 4-wheel drive Jeep. He phoned me from the front of the driveway because he was stuck. There was about a foot of snow on it and he couldn't pull in. Not only that, the snow plow had been by so there was about 2-3 feet at the mouth of the driveway. He met me in the basement where I took him work clothes and grabbed my coat and boots and shovel.

We went outside where ice pellets stung our faces and we went to the front of the driveway to dig it out. The snow was 3 times heavier than usual because it was ice covered and it was a slow dig out at the end of the driveway. He had me pull 'Wolfee' in, since he knows I can drive in snow (if 4 years in Erie, pa didn't teach me then nothing will) and the arse end almost got stuck in the back in my 3-point turn.

After that we braved the ice hitting our faces in 20+ mph winds.

Now I know I'm not alone in this weather with folks in Illinois, Ohio and many other states are in the same boat so I'm not trying to say that my situation is unique or even harder. I'm just sharing the joy that was my evening.

Dinner was almost ready when I exited the house but it would have to wait. So we shoveled and boy did we shovel. The end of the driveway looked awesome and then the snow plow came again. When I first saw it on the main road I asked hubby if he thought the snow plow driver would do our driveway if I offered to flash him. Hubby nervously laughed because he knew I'd do it. I mean our driveway is huge and I'm a bit brazen. LOL. Well I didn't but when that snowplow driver buried the end of my driveway this could be heard from my mouth..."Sonsabitches!!" Yes, I channeled the 'Christmas Story' actor at that moment.

Then I dug it out while hubby kept working on the rest of the driveway (did I mention I had already done the sidewalk...?) I started to lose feeling in my left forearm because it was so heavy. I turned to hubby and said, "how do you spell ahernia?" and he replied, "S-N-O-W." Yeah, we are a regular stand-up team. When another snow plow was seen from the driveway in the back main road I was yelling, "Oh no you don't bitch! Oh NO you don't!" I know, I'm so classy. But I was hurting and cold and tired. My hair had ice hanging from it and my coat was covered in ice. I apologize now but it felt right to say at the time.

Did I mention school is already closed here? Wow on the weather channel Albany New York is covered in so much snow it makes my head spin! So it could be worse, silver lining.

7 comments:

Rick said...

Can you imagine going through your entire life and never shoveling snow. Ever.

Hope you recover before your next shift.

Angel said...

No, Rick, I can't.

Should I use the 'jelly belly' here since I'm presuming you meant you have never shoveled?

I complain, I bitch but the silver lining..... free work out.

Sally said...

So, schools closed...does that mean no V-Day party for the kids and their Valentine's boxes??

Rick said...

[flash back]
Correct-a-mundo.
[/flash back]

Angel said...

Sally... I sure hope their parties will be held when they go back. I finished the darn things. I'll take pics today. But first I have some wicked video to put up from last night and today.

Rick.... Um... either that's a text html thing that didn't show up correctly, a joke that my frozen brain can't comprehend or you've lost it my friend. ;-)

Terry said...

Damn Snow Plows...

Angel said...

sonsabitches! Oh they did it again a few more times. And they didn't even slow down so I could bribe them with a flash. J/k (or am I? chuckle)