Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Grammar issues

Ever since I began writing my stories *ahem erotica* I have been relearning the general grammar rules I SHOULD have remembered from school. I'm not terribly bad but hanging participles seem to be an issue of mine. LOL.

I do know that long before writing I have had a few grammar things that if I catch other people doing that irk me (including if I do them.) I found myself correcting my mom missuing the forms of their, there, and they're. That is one of my #1 things. I guess I find it simple so it bothers me to no end. Another one that irks me (and I do it once in awhile, *note see comment two posts ago....grrr*) is 'to' versus 'too'. I KNOW the proper usage but sometimes I my fingers move on their own accord and I fail to see the mistake.

Now excuse me as I go and try to find a way to make sure I avoid using hanging participles.

8 comments:

lioux said...

I like it when participles are well hung.

Anonymous said...

Since we moved to our present location grammer has become a greater challenge as nobody here sees any use for it. (We gone to the store and we was gettin' some food)

LID said...

Damn particiles! Hangin' around... not earnin' their keep, lazy SOB's. You're right... I hate'm too!

Angel said...

Lioux, I'm with you on the well hung participles and need far more of that these days. LOL

finished last, you'll find that here depending on what area you drive through.

long island dad, no kidding! They need to be tarred and feathered for their costing me such woe!

John said...

Did you know you spelled grammar wrong? Typos are one thing that sets me off ;-)

Steven said...

Grammar is annoying...which is why I try and ignore it. ;)

Steve~

Angel said...

Darn it John! Why didn't I catch that? LOL Isn't that perfect? That's like when I tried to be all smart but misspelled intelligence. grrrr. I fixed it though. Hmmm I wonder how often my typos have irked you. Do tell. Wait, strike that.

Steven... oh stop. I've read what you write. *rolls eyes* Is there such a thing as natural grammar talent? LOL

Terry said...

Hey Angel... Ummmmmm (raising hand) Is that a typo in the second paragragh, third line, second word??

Sorry, I just could not resist..