Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Saturday 'To Do' list

Today on the agenda in the Angel household is hubby is shoveling. He has told me to stay in the house, that I've shoveled enough. Awwww, that's nice.

On my agenda is to get the powder room section painted where we removed the oversized mirror. The mirror was the entire wall, just about, and hubby said it was disturbing to see yourself when you used the facilities. We are looking for a smaller one. He removed the track and patched the wall. I sanded and primed part of it and now I paint. We also put a new light bar in. Hubby wants a vanity and mirror at National X Home Improvement store but it is expensive. I am hoping to hold him back. I think he has my future first pay check spent already. *sigh*

After that we are going to start working on installing ceiling fan/lights s in the kid's rooms. My hope is to be able to triangulate the center point and figure out where the hole should be and to develop a game plan for how to run the wire. I'm sure hubby has delusions of grandeur and believes we could get it all in and ready for my dad to wire up for us. We shall see what actually happens.

Next Saturday is the adult family party for my son's b-day and I hope to not have too much construction mess here even if most of our family is out of state. We plan to take my son and 6 of his friends bowling on the 24th. He's so excited. LOL

So that is the Saturday plan. Wish us luck and I'll update you with pics and recaps later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy bees at your house.

Terry said...

I have some painting to do also, but with my limited schedule this weekend, I will be satisfied to just lounge around and accomplish the most pressing tasks. Packing my bags for next weeks adventure!! Delays last week resulted in only 36 hours at home!!!

Angel said...

Finished last...Yes we are. I painted the powder room and the trim in it. I just need to put the items back in it when it dries.

We located the center points in the kids room and hubby is out getting the wire and junction boxes. Then we'll start getting the fan/lights in.

Terry...I don't blame you for wanting to simply unwind given the short time at home.

Terry said...

Yeah, I am accustomed to have 3 days to piddle around, so having only half that time sux!!!

LID said...

Good luck... keep us posted!

Angel said...

Terry...Hopefully next time you will get more time to piddle around.

long island dad... junction boxes are in and the wired is pulled through them AND the switches!! Woo hoo! Tomorrow my dad will be by to wire it all up with us and then we will watch the superbowl with homemade fried chicken. Monday I'll post some pics (whether you like it or not. LOL)