Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday morning blues

Okay, so it's Monday. I know rarely are people happy about it being Monday. I have to admit that while I wasn't looking forward to having both my kids home Thur & friday from school I'm a bit sad sending my son off on the bus today. *sigh* Good news is his conference went well and I found out that he's advanced. Yeah him.

But this morning starts off badly. Hubby doesn't wake me like he usually does and gives me some lame excuse why. I mean, if I thought he wasn't going to wake me, I would have set my alarm to wake me up and not him earlier. You see he gets a shower first and I follow him. My alarm wakes us, he goes and then he wakes me. But this morning, for some unknown reason, he chose to not wake me. It's not like my son's bus comes at varying times. *sigh* So I'm not happy about that.

But I roll with it. I'm flexible in more ways than one.

I walk my son to the bus stop, like all the other moms/dads. He ends up deciding to not stand with his 'best' friend. So I ask him, "Do you want to go stand with (insert name here)?"
He replies, "No."
"Why not?"
"He keeps kicking me."
"Where? Here at the bus stop or on the bus?"
"On the bus."
"Okay." His parents are nice people and we've always told each other and talked about the kids openly so I figured I'd talk to one of them when I had the chance. So that time comes sooner. I send my son off with a heavy heart, watching him sit with his two friends, wondering what exactly is going on and on the short walk to my house the other boy's dad waits for me.

He begins to say he wanted to ask me about something. *dumm dumm dumm* Apparently my son has been spitting on the other boys on the bus. I say, "really? Eww." Then I add. "I knew something was going on but all my son said was that (insert name here) was kicking him."

I proceeded to say that spitting isn't acceptable and I'll have a talk with him. *sigh* Yuck, spitting.

My daughter has had a cough for a week and it's sounding worse. I've been told by other mom's that the illness going around here consists of a bad sounding cough and that's it. Boy, I hope so. She has a well visit coming up where vaccinations are involved. They won't give them to her if she's sick and then we have to REschedule. blah.

To add to my joy I just realized that tomorrow is my appointment for my test. So that ties my tummy up in knots. I keep telling myself I'm being overly dramatic and that everything will be fine but then a little voice says, "yeah, but..." And if they don't find anything, what about the pain? What then?

And great... the start of another headache. Joy of all joys. I think I'll take a cue from Dramamama and breakfast on some ibuprofen. Yum. A coffee chaser to boot. I'm outy.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Aw, I'm sorry sweets! I have had many a morning like that. Ibuprofen for breakfast ain't all bad:)

What is this test you have tomorrow? Sounds a bit scary?