Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, November 03, 2006

laughter is good medicine

So last night I don't know what came over me but I was in a loopy, goofy mood. I don't know if its the two hours the kids were uncontrollable or what it was but by the end of the night I was silly. So the news comes on and some guy said the fateful word, to set me off. He said, "newfangled" in regard to electronics. Ahh. Immediately my loopy mind put the words newfangled doodad together. Then I said them outloud and the words together, rolling off my tongue sounded quite funny. I started to giggle. I said it again and giggled some more.

My husband asked me what I had been drinking because I was in such a goofy mood. I dared him to say the words newfangled doodad without laughing. He said it and smiled as I broke out into laughter, causing him to laugh. I said, "See! It made you laugh." Then we broke into the normal discussion of semantics. He said "You made me laugh, not the words." So what, he still laughed.

Yeah, I know. I was in a loopy, goofy mood. We all have those days. I don't care the reason, I needed the laugh and it felt wonderful!


1 comment:

lioux said...

Laughter.

Best.

Medicine.

Ever.