Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Shopping day and what have I done?

Today I went shopping. I got my kids ready for school, walked my son to the bus stop and then drove my daughter to preschool. I then was off. I went shopping for necessities and some holiday decorations (ie. a tree skirt that's burgandy and not bright red and thus clashes with my furniture and rakes on my eyes. I know, I'm easily annoyed in my own home.)

Then I went to a clothing store for outfits for the two, count them, two holiday parties for hubby's work. (one for attorney's/spouses and clients/spouses and then one for the firm.) I always get a new clothing item. Being a SAHM doesn't require a dress code. I like to dress nice usually (although today was athletic clothes day) with my lowrise boot cut jeans, nice shoes and such. I mean, that's nice for a SAHM, right? LOL. But I don't spend a lot of money on my clothes or buy myself much. I'd rather use the money on my monkey's clothes since they grow so darn quickly.

Lately, though, hubby has been insisting I get myself new clothes.

But once a year we get to go out and paint the town red and by golly I'm going to look smoking hot, or as smoking hot as I get. *snicker*

Tomorrow, if the outfits work, I'm off for a new pair of shoes perhaps.

Then I did something so stupid. I agreed to make cookies for a 'cookie exchange'. I have to make 7 dozen cookies, which I could do in my sleep, but why did I say yes. I can't go to the evening out and actually exchange them in person since the gathering is on my b-day and if I went I would miss out on a nice cozy family b-day celebration consisting of me and my monkeys. But I do plan to make the cookies and exchange them for two reasons: #1 It's a way to keep getting invited to things with the gals in this neighborhood. It's so high school that if you turn down too many things you stop getting invited. and #2 I might just slip a business card and menu for Christmas cookies and wahhhhlah, perhaps expand my business. Good in theory at least.

To top it off, I have volunteered for my son's holiday party on the 21st (near my Christmas order deadline) and just volunteered to make 3 dozen cookies for my daughters holiday party at preschool. Sometimes I think I'm happiest when I have too much to do. LOL *sigh*

5 comments:

Angel said...

you are way less selfish than me. i mean i love buying my kids clothes but we got lucky and had a lot of clothes given to them in perfect condition so i never had to buy them much... so i buy ME much. very bad mama.

lioux said...

You should get Co-Worker Dan to *help* you with the cookie baking.

That is, if Judge Judy doesn't throw the book at him!

prettylawchick said...

Your house is BEAUITIFUL!!!

:)

Angel said...

Oh, I WANT to fill my shoe racks like Amelda Marcos and have rows of the latest styles. Hubby keeps making me buy shoes and I don't fight him that much. LOL. But I hate spending money on clothes for me unless made to.

Lioux.... I don't have time to whip CW-D into shape. Watch out for that Judge Judy, she's a toughy tuba!

Prettylawchick...thanks for visiting my blog world and THANK YOU! I always see the faults with it, perhaps over critical but hearing it from people makes me feel good.

lioux said...

PrettyLawChick...are you Judge Judy?!