Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

A weekend day in the life of suburbia mom

So today I feel I actually accomplished some things. First off my van has new brakes. And boy is it nice to not have to down shift for fear I won't stop in time. Ahhhh. Beautiful. It never would have happened had I not broken down and called the repair place myself. I guess I have to give in to the fact that I have ALWAYS handled the car repairs, little ol' me, and hubby still won't. If I want something done there, I'll have to do it myself.

Secondly we went and walked through National X Home Improvement store today. Love it, love it, love it. I know, I'm weird. *snicker* I got to oogle the kitchen that I love and shouldn't covet so much. I got to see what real carpet feels like since my family room carpet was what the builder put in and it sucks. I got to see what nice lights I would love to have and all the pretty Christmas decorations. What we did buy was the stacking kit for my whirlpool duet washer/dryer. So then we came home and we attempted to accomplish the task of stacking the dryer on top of the washer during hubby's very favorite college team's game. *sigh* What a stupid thing to do. After moving the large heavy items around my closet sized laundry room we tip the dryer back and hubby removes the feet. I then have to put the adhesived backed cushion strip on each side because he says he'd never get it on straight. Then I vaccuum the room and wash the base boards, floor, walls and all those areas I normally can not reach. (my mom and dad taught me that if you are going to do a job, do a complete job.)

Then we take 35 minutes to level the washer in it's new location. All the while hubby's checking his game. I tell him to go watch it and I'll clean and when the game is over we can finish, but nooooo he wants to get it done during commercial breaks and such. So in the spirit of that he goes to attach the dryer vent tube (I do have to add that he cleaned out the whole tube system that leads to the outside. He cleaned out a foot-long hunk of lint so I thank him for that) but in his haste to get back to the game and his inability to take a deep breath and step back, he puts a hole in the tube. That ticks him off and he's yelling and swearing. So I sent him into the family room and I cut off the end and took my time to reattach the tube. Me. After that it's time to lift.

To those who don't know me, or haven't read my blog before, I'm 5'-0" tall. I wear a size 3-5 jeans and I'm petite, petite I tell you. Some call me little, tiny just a wee thing, really. What I have going for me is mommy muscles and determination. So we go to lift it and I somehow end up on the far side from the washer. We can't do it, I can't lift it from there. So we call my parents to see if my dad can help. I feel bad because he isn't feeling good so while we wait for him to call back I say, "Lets try again." We do, with me on the other side and we lift it up and onto the washer. WOOOOOO HOOOO! Mission accomplished!

So it's bolted together and the extra room is amazing. Hubby is even dong laundry, which is only the third time he has touched those machines in the three years since we bought them.

Now taming the beast that is laundry will be much less annoying.

So there you have it. My ever exciting day in suburbia. I rock. LOL *rolls eyes*

1 comment:

Angel said...

Sounds just like many days that I have had with hubby! Oh and I don't have your talents, mommy muscles or know how but I LOVE browsing home improvement stores. I was just at Lowe's tonight with the family! We bought light bulbs. Ooooo.

But we did browse the organization isle... or what I call, my "zen den".

I love home organization.