Finding the slices of heaven.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Slip sliding away.


Back in college, in Erie...when it would snow (and it did that A LOT) the road crews didn't plow the roads down to the asphalt. They would always leave about a compacted inch of snow on the roads. I don't know if it's to cut down on damaging the roads or what.

What I did know was that my car, the thunderturd (I named her Sally, because what I really wanted was a Mustang. But I was grateful to have the thunderturd), was rear-wheel drive. Yeah. Rear wheel drive. My apartment was on one of the few hills in Erie. Needless to say, I learned how to drive pretty well in snow. Fishtailed A LOT, but learned how to drive.

6 comments:

lioux said...

Ugghh.

My last car was a Thunderturd.

Her name was "Burnsy".

Angel said...

Was it because she burnsied through the gas? LOL

lioux said...

I actually named her after Madeline Kahn's character from the film "What's Up, Doc?"

Angel said...

It makes the name "Sally" (the longing for her to be a mustang) to seem so unimaginative. And of course you knew I was making a joke. Cool name.

I've been trying to think up a good name for the Beetle convertible I plan to get next.

Hubby had a rust bucket in college we called Peppy.

lioux said...

Bugsy.

Angel said...

Cute.... I like it. But would it work on a convertible that's mellow yellow? Still, I like it. Thanks, Lioux. Always creative.