Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday what nots

So this morning my son wanted pancakes. Pancakes with a chocolate chip smiley face. Always happy to feed my monkeys when they ask for a reasonable breakfast I make my homemade puffed pancakes (from scratch.) It's my mom's recipe and it's delicious, at least that's what guests who I feed it to say on many occasions. I make him the smiley pancake and.....he only eats half. I'm not entirely mad because it enabled us to have pancakes and not eggs, which hubby insists on having EVERY weekend. A girl can only take so many egg breakfasts before she wants, waffles (which I make homemade as well), pancakes or french toast.

Okay, that's right, I did make homemade donuts last weekend. I take that back, we did veer from the egg breakfast then too.

Anyway, now we are pondering how to fill our day. Hubby wants to clean out the dryer vent and possibly stack my duet washer and dryer in my laundry room. I am okay with that since my laundry room is the size of a coffin, which is odd for a large house like this. My only concern is the fact that the washing machine shakes so badly that it has knocked things off the back of the toilet in the adjoining powder room. Would the dryer on top help alleviate that or would it cause something to crack in the washing machine? I don't know and after reading the cost of repairs on said machines I'm wary. I think I might have to sign up for extended warranty very very soon. It would be cheaper than labor plus parts.

That and the repair place called about my van. They asked, "You wanted front brakes, right?" Ummmm yeah. They tell me the front brakes look brand new, but the back ones are down to the 25% of their life. So I'm confused. I could've swore that the other place told me front brakes. I'll have to review the inspection report. Anyway, OF COURSE these cost more. Of course. Luckily my drums are fine so it will only cost me a little more than if I had to do all new front brakes plus rotars. I can deal. I hate spending money. I need a job.

Did I tell you that I like money. I keep some in a jar. I have a little, I'd like to add more, that's where getting a job would come in. *sigh*

You're right....nothing is ever easy.

1 comment:

lioux said...

You have drums? We should totally jam sometime.