Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why?

Why do I call my kiddies 'monkeys'? Good question.

Well, it started with my youngest, my daughter. One day hubby was sitting on the floor in the family room after wrestling with them and she climbed up the front of him and around to sit on his neck. With no spotter, no assistance, nada. We both were shocked and amazed. Hubby said "(insert name here) you climb like a monkey."

Then both of my kids continually climbed a plastic play kitchen so that they might sit atop it. I know, that's not what it was for, which is why I got rid of it. Well that and it was too tiny for them. I said to them, "My goodness you two are like monkeys."

From there I would use the word monkey over and over again until finally I just referred to them as my monkeys. Since my daughter was quite the climber and influenced the name I called her 'monkey #1' and my son 'monkey #2' despite it going against their birth order.

Anyway, the term 'monkeys' was born and used.

No comments: