Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, January 26, 2007

2 hour delay and closed

My son's school has a 2 hour delay this morning due to the temperature being only 7 degrees and the roads being slightly tretcherous. That means my daughter's preschool is closed.

It was funny watching my son walk into the family room at 8:05 this morning and say in a surprised and worried tone, "Mommy! Did you forget something?" I smiled and said, "No honey. You have a two hour delay." His face broke out into a full out smile. What a week for this kid. Although he was home from Monday-Wednesday due to illness he was still home. Went to school yesterday and a delay today. sheesh. I did get his report card finally yesterday and all A's. It seems, though, that his listening skills are going down hill so we will have to work on that. But how do you get a highly energized, overly sensitive child who is distracted by a pin dropping to focus better and listen when he's trying his hardest?

My daughter, however, found out her preschool was cancelled and cried. "Please don't cancel it Mommy." I told her, "Honey, I didn't cancell it. I had nothing to do with it." She replied, "I didn't even have a chance" through tears.

I'm off to get them breakfast. That 2 hour delay hasn't been changed to a closure so it's morning as usualy but just delayed. :D

7 comments:

lioux said...

Maybe your son has Attention Deficit Di

Retail Zombie said...

Man I wish I was a kid going to school now. I remember a few snow storms there was at least 5 inchs or more on the road. Our school superintendant would never close the schools down.

Mike said...

We had a neighbor who moved in from New Jersey. When it iced up he would throw some winter tires on his old station wagon and haul the whole neighborhood to school.

That sucked. Our 'hood was in class, but everyone esle skipped out.

Damn studded tires.

Angel said...

Lioux... if my son has ADD then I have it too, since that part of him he gets from me. I won't have him medicated though, no way!

Kintner, for the record it was really cold wind chill this morning and the last 2 years we haven't had one snow day. They have built in snow days to make up and if there are none the kids still get off. (like when I went to school.) Also, we live in a very very hilly area so 6 inches of snow on a back road that's the last to get plowed with a school bus is crazy bad.

Mike...It's still snowing and just undid all my shoveling. *argh* I'll be back out there but I'll wait until tomorrow. Maybe hubby will be home? *fingers crossed*

Terry said...

Hooray, for you!! No meds for the boy. I am a firm believer those meds are just a crutch. Kids will be kids and to medicate them is to stifle them!! As for Peanut, my nephew is the same way. Recently on a trip to Disney, he was questioning when he would be able to return to school.Anxious to make up anything he might have missed!!

Anonymous said...

If only you knew this before you had to getup>

Angel said...

Terry... right NO meds. I have other methods. LOL

Finished last. I did know at 11 pm last night. I got up at 6:30 all the same for some needed quiet and sanity.