Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Technologically challenged...

Yes I am! I am stumped when it comes to mega bites and gigabites. I figure they are how much of a chunk you take out of a burger but I don't know the difference. Yet this challenged girl when it comes to todays technology perserveres. I trudge on. I let NOTHING stop me!!! Wooo hooo! Well, except when the laptop locks up and freezes. *giggles*

I figured out how to chat on chat rooms, then post stories and email pictures. I learned how to IM and then a blog....yippee (that's where you guys came in. *wink*) Then I tackled my kids digital cameras on my laptop (this past week) and today my MP3 players with 'ripping' songs. Something you don't want to have happen to your pants but definitely want to do to music for your MP3 player. And lastly, I got a myspace page. In doing so I found people from high school and college that I was friends with and some I hadn't chatted with in *looking up at the ceiling while I think back to what year......carry the one* HOLY CRAP! 14 years for someone from college? Could it be that long John? (that is if you are reading this since I gave you my blog addy.)

Phew. I am so psyched about reconnecting with my 'old' friends (and no I'm not calling you old because I'm not old either. I know for a fact that despite my calendar age being 34.1 years I test out on www.realage.com at 30.7 so I'm fighting age every step I can. hee hee.)

So I'm all energized on my technologically induced high with my recovering kitty sleeping beside me, puppy with her stuffed baby snoozing at my feet and hubby in his recliner 'ripping songs' onto his MP3. Aren't we a computer aged couple? LOL

7 comments:

LID said...

It's a start and as my friend Angel would "say" *clap hands*!!! When you're ready to go to the next level let me know. I've hardwired our desktop computer to our stereo system and have speakers in every room, using Mommy's laptop, the remote desktop program, a wireless network and iTunes I can sit in my chair and play any song I want in any room at any volume. And, because we're networked all three machines can share music. Beat that with a stick!

LID said...

I was just re-reading my comment and it appears I have a lot of time on my hands LOL...maybe I should go vacuum!

Angel said...

Thanks for the hand claps. hmmmm but the gloating? Show off *chuckle* The title reads....'Technologically challenged' bub. Tech-no-logically CHAL- LENGED. Even just reading what you did made my head spin. LOL. But that's why hubby is around. He does all those complicated things. I'll have him read that comment and see if I have a stick. *giggles*

Vacuum or make me a turkey pot pie....LMAO!

LID said...

Thanks for "speaking" slowly and phonetically, after long days with the little people, I'm losing my adult conversation skills. I said,"When you're ready...let me know." See I'm here to help...I'll talk to Hubby don't worry!

Angel said...

Hee hee.... I hope you know I was just kidding around and trying to be funny. :D

Seriously, I'm trying to learn. You would have to use simple words and reexplain everything 5 times to be able to help me. *giggles* I don't want to settle on being in the dark all the time.

I like to joke around, I hope I didn't sound all biotchy. I'm not (eve if hubby did keep me up late MP3'ing and then watching Talladega nights.)

LID said...

No worries! -- I get you! You're Hysterical that's why I read my friend!

Angel said...

Good. *phew* Sometimes my joking can be taken the wrong way, especially in the written form. :D

I love to kid around. Thanks for calling me hysterical. I laugh at myself but that might just be early signs of senility. hahaha.