Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

The purge hinderer

She is nothing like the Ghost Whisperer or the Horse whisperer.

What she does is find bags and boxes in the basement of things we are trying to get rid of. She does this when mommy is on the treadmill and daddy is lifting. She finds the toys I removed due to the kids getting too old for them. Excitedly she says, "Hey! I want this!" The toy she left neglected for over a year.

After our workout she brings the Blues Clues phone that she liberated from the donation box and begs and begs for new batteries. Against my better judgement I replace the batteries. Now she's crying because she says she 'hates' the toy.

The toy will be back in the box as soon as she is gone. If I don't find a place to donate the items to the cycle will repeat itself over and over again.

She is the purge hinderer.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I have this problem myself!! I have kept boxes of things, because I know I will only want them later. I am getting better though. The last time I moved, I did eliminate several boxes of things that had been untouched for years!!