Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tear jerker.....

his morning I stopped by my parents house to swap some things. My dad is retired and ran me through the house showing me his new desk that his new IMac sits proudly upon. I didn't have the time to spend there like I normally would since I was on my way to pick up peanut from preschool. I think we'll visit them this weekend with the kids, the kids love it. LOL.

But while I was there my mom and dad showed me things quickly and one of those things was the cover of my sister's wedding DVD. Since getting in the photos and dvd
it's been talked about a lot. LOL. Just as he was showing me the DVD cover (we aren't allowed to watch the DVD until my sister views it first, but that's fine) a song came on the radio. It was a song my dad loves. It was the song that he requested the dj (who happens to now be my sister's new in-laws) play for him and my sister to dance to at the wedding.

Now I can listen to country music here and there but I'm not a huge country fan. But as he turned up the song my mom said, "Your father says this song is for all his girls." And when I looked into his green eyes there were the start of tears in them. I composed myself, hugged them both and ran out the door in a hurry.

I came home and found the song and listened to it. I cried. It's a real tear jerker. *sigh*


***note!!! I had to remove the video in this section because it irked me that it would start playing without my wanting it to. I have had enough of things not listening to me!!! So here is the link to the song... I'm sure you're sick of the song already. LOL ****

http://www.musicjesus.com/song_39731_Heartland-I_Loved_Her_First.html



*sniffle* Thanks dad.... I love you too.

***note to all the dad's (stay-at-home or otherwise) with little girls...... we will always love our daddies (even at 34 years old.) Sorry for the tear jerker this morning.

11 comments:

lioux said...

Awww. It's amazing what a song can do.

John said...

OK, now where did I put my tissues. *honk*

There. That's better. Now how about some more country songs about drinking, pickups and hunting ;-)

Angel said...

Lioux.... it is amazing.

John....*smile* sorry. It's all my dad's fault. LOL ;)

LID said...

Dads and our little girls, nothing comes close! Boys will grow and learn to take care of themselves, but our little girls will always needs us... at least that what we tell oursleves over and over again. Thanks... I was doing so good today, too! LOL

Angel said...

Sorry Long island dad. I'm telling you, blame it on MY dad! I was going about my day, running here and there and BAM!! He hits me with that! I know. How can I be mad?

And please don't tell me my son will leave and be gone. I love both of my kids with all my heart and hope that he still comes home to see his old mom. *sniffle*

Terry said...

Yep, little girls will always "need" their Daddies!! I am sure to create ways to make sure mine knows he is still needed.

Did not need the tear jerker!! Thanks Angel, I am riding enough of a roller coaster as it is with that whole discovery on My space!!

Angel said...

Sorry, Terry.

It was just a moment in my life today that I shared. I never meant to tug at so many people

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves to play that for me and watch me try mot to tear up. That and Butterfly Kisses (that stupid "she'll change her name today" line kills me)

Terry said...

Thats okay Angel! It was a very Sweet sentiment. It reminded me of a time with my Father...

No harm, no foul!!

Mike said...

I dunno. Some of us old men dig our daddies, too.

I gots me a good one.

Hopefully my kids will be able to say that someday, too.

Angel said...

FL.... yes. I can see where that line could get you. But she'll always be daddy's little girl.

Terry... *phew* Good. Relief.

Mike.... I'm sure the kids say it both now and always!!