Finding the slices of heaven.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Stores suck! Where is the Ibuprofen?

I went out for a few things yesterday. When I was leaving Kohls I saw they had out Valentines Day towels. VALENTINES DAY TOWELS!! Holy frieght train through life people! I mean holy crap!

Then I go to the store attached to the GC.... (but did I see Kintner? NO!! Oh wait! Wrong state...lol.) And on the shelves in place of the Christmas stuff that used to be there were garden things like sprinklers and bbq impliments. What? Winter just started! Sure the days ARE getting longer but if I watered my lawn RIGHT NOW it would... well it would probably freeze tonight. LOL. Sure it's in the 50's all week and unseasonably warm but come on people! Give a girl time to breath after pitching a forest full of wrapping paper and who is still packing away holiday decorations (boy am I slacking.)

So today, I go to the grocery store. In their floral department? Tulips. WTF is going on?! Did I sleep through winter and it is now spring? Did I slip into acoma? Am I really stuck in a twisted soap opera life? No. I just have the next few months planned out for me by Mr. & Ms. merchants. Well back off people! I need to breath! I'm not ready to age at light speed. I don't want this train to travel so fast! I'm enjoying the sunshine today....in January.... of 2007... today!!!

*sigh* Where is that Ibuprofen?

7 comments:

Sally said...

No wonder time goes by so much faster now!

I saw some Valentine's stuff in the AFTER CHRISTMAS sales...like 2 days after we opened Christmas gifts!!

Oh, and my Christmas decorations are still up...and will be for a couple more weeks. I refuse to decorate my house for only 1 month...and I like all the Christmas stuff so much...maybe I'll take them down by Valentine's Day, when the stores are selling stuff for the 4th of July! =)

Angel said...

We put our first tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hubby has to give up his recliner to fit it. LOL. I took the tree down to give it back to him.

The rest came down because I'm ready to do it, earlier this year than last. Hmmmmm I wonder why.

LMAO... you're right, they will have 4th of July stuff then!! Damn stores!

Terry said...

I can go one better, Christmas section reduced to 1/4 the original size with all the gardening implemnts back on the shelves ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!!! Also Valentines aisle was ready for business the day after. Ever try to find a swimsuit in August?? They are no where to be found..

Angel said...

Yes, I have, sadly and you're right. My sister got married on the coast in September. By that time here in the northeast we are looking at Thanksgiving decorations. I left for a 9/17/06 wedding and came back on the 24th to see my neighbors had decorated for Halloween. It was weird to go from 80+ degrees and the beach to sweaters and skeletons. *sigh*

Working Gal said...

I found your blog through "Long Island Dad". You just crack me up! I too, saw valentines day stuff - and, get this - St. Patrick's day stuff at Walgreens last week!

I am new to the blogosphere, and am trying to post more regularly to my blog.

I'll keep reading!

LID said...

Hey, I can't wait for the lawn care items to arrive. Holidays are done and I got nothin' till April. I long for the sounds of a sprinkler running at 5 a.m.

Angel said...

Hello Working Gal! Nice to 'meet' you. My hubby is an attorney as well. I will have to read your blog. I promise to do that today. I'm glad I crack you up. Sometimes I think I'm funny. Sometimes I'm just a pain in the arse.

Long Island Dad, don't get me wrong. I'm all for spring and summer. I mean I'm sitting here looking at my covered pool and wishing it were warm enough to swim. I just feel like the merchandisers are making my head spin. lol