Finding the slices of heaven.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Rain, rain go away....

It's Monday. Blah enough, right? But it's the 4th day of rain.

Okay, it's still FAR better than the ice storms some of you in the country are seeing so I won't complain too much. But I'd rather this all be snow right now. Tomorrow it's supposed to turn to snow but that means all this rain will, undoubtably freeze. But tomorrow my son goes back to school.

Having snow today would have filled the day nicely with snow ball fights, sledding and building a snowman but mother nature pays no heed to public school schedules and so I am pent up with the kids for the 4th day.

The natives are getting restless. I will have to set them up with some crafts soon to ease the beasts. But first, I must go. It's feeding time.

6 comments:

lioux said...

I totally wish C-W D and I had the day off today. Grey weather is always good sleeping in weather.

Anonymous said...

Raining like mad here and no snow in our forecast (haven't had any yet this winter) The sky and landscape are gray and bleak. I need a pick me up.

LID said...

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Please Come Back Some Other Day... I feel your pain! Hang in there I know the sun didn't explode or something!

Angel said...

Lioux, that is a great way to spend a grey day. In bed. Oh and sleeping too. LOL hee hee.

Finished last.. I hear you on the bleak day and needing a pick me up.

long island dad... I know. How I long for the sun on my face right now. But my tootsies are cold. Where are my socks?

Terry said...

I know you will all appreciate this, but I am working locally this week and it is a BEAUTIFUL day with temps in the mid 70s. Georgia on my mind!!

Angel said...

I have a friend in Georgia and hubby has family down there. I'm glad you're having a lovely day. In the summer I would never be able to handle the heat and humidity (oh and the large bugs. LOL)