Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

My little girl...

My daughter and I are close now. Like two peas in a pod. My mom and I are close, our personalities are very very similar and for many years people would call me 'mini me' in regard to being her mini me. Now my daughter is referred to as the 'mini-mini me'. LOL

All I know is that my mom and I talk like mother/daughter as well as like friends. We laugh at the same things and correspond daily. She lost her mom when she was 17 (her dad when she was 15.) I am grateful to have gotten the opportunity to know her as more than just my mom.

I hope that one day, my little girl and I will be equally close and enjoy a wonderful friendship. Only time will tell and I certainly don't want my little 5 year old angel to grow up too fast.

These days I never know whether she'll wake up viewing me as the heroine in her life or the villian keeping her from what she wants. Yesterday her school was cancelled and she begged me not to cancel it. I told her that I had no control over the closing.

Today I learned I was the villan yesterday. When daddy talked to peanut (whom he hasn't seen since Tuesday other than sleeping in her bed) he brought up the fact that school was closed yesterday. Her reply? "Yeah," with a long face and pouty tone, "mommy closed it." And now she blamed me for her getting killed on her gameboy game. Apparently today I'm not the heroine. LOL

12 comments:

Rachel Emma said...

Sounds like your like me and my mum, we are best friends as well as mother, daughter we talk about anything and everything and always rely on each other for everything. It's lovely to be so close i wouldn't have it any other way. As i guess you wouldn't either!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Rachel Emma

Terry said...

How wonderful!! I have always wanted that type of friendship with my mother, but alas I am without. However, my brothers have wonderful MILs and I am very proud to call them "My Friend".

Sounds like you are 2 Peanuts in a Pod *hee hee*

Angel said...

My relationship with my mom is a blessing.

Rachel emma, I'm glad that you have that as well.

Terry... I'm sorry you don't but glad you have an extension of family 'friends'.

LOL 2 peanuts in a pod. Funny. Incidentally, my mom is 4' 11-1/2" tall. Everyone asks me, 'why does she bother with the 1/2"' And I reply, if you were under 5' you would graple at ever centimeter too.

LID said...

Very nice story! Except for the villan part... you big bad meany! Closing school like that! Poor girl! All day at home with mommy, ugh! LOL j/k... Did you make her shovel?

Terry said...

Every centimeter indeed!! I must be honest with you, I am only 4'11-3/4 inches, but to save time I simply reply 5'.

Ginger said...

Angel, my mother and I are best friends also. I hope that I will have the same with my daughter but oh how I dread those teenage years.

Mike said...

I talk to my mommy several times a week. Sometimes every day.

I listen to my mommy about once a month.

Angel said...

Long island dad... yeah, I'm a big bad meany. On the way home from my parents house tonight my son was upset at me because I was wrong about the weather today and his fort was melting (sorry I believed the weathermen, yes my fault)

Terry.... you're secrets safe with me (and the other people reading this. LOL) Yeah it's hard explaining 1/4 inch.

Ginger... hello and nice to meet you! Welcome. That's excellent for bot you and your mom. I hope the same thing but I'm in no rush to find out. I'd like the ride to be nice and slow. Not only do we have to survive the teenage years (as other parents are going through now) but we also get older. *sigh*

Mike... that's nice that you talk to her every day. LOL. Listen to her? I don't always do that either. lol

Rich/Guy with the camera said...

nice post angel - I know what it's like. We can never be all our kids wish we were but we can be a strong influence and guide them all the way to adulthood.

Angel said...

Randy...thanks! We try our best and cross our fingers. LOL. My kids are still young so I have some time left, thankfully.

lioux said...

I wish you would've "closed" Company, Inc. today.

Thanks a lot, Angel.

Thanks a lot.

Angel said...

Well, Lioux, I had nooooo idea you wanted my Angel powers for that. Give me notice next time! hee hee.