Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Exercise and family

With our MP3's and early morning eyes hubby and I trodded down to the basement while my kids were eating their breakfast. While I walked on the treadmill hubby lifted weights and then we swapped. I went upstairs with the kids to do sit ups and other exercises. With the dog, the cat and my two kids literally almost on top of me I did that. Then my son did sit ups and push ups and told me about a 'fitness test' he had in gym class at school. He said he did 34 sit ups in 60 seconds. At 6. I was impressed and told him so.

My 5 year old daughter begged me to help her do sit ups and I did. She couldn't without help.

But what we have done, in addition to teaching them the importance of a balanced diet that keeping fit is important.

9 comments:

Ginger said...

Hello, Angel. I am delurking here. Did you know it was delurking week? I enjoy your blog.

LID said...

BODY, MIND and SOUL! Our most important tasks! Good job my PA friends!

Angel said...

Hello lurker Ginger. Nice to 'meet' you. I did know it was delurker week. I'm pleased you enjoy my blog. Try to say hi more often and I'll check out your blog as well.

Long island dad... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I am hoping next week to start going back to the gym with my sons. We went one time before the strep kicked in and I am finally feeling healed enough to go back. Now you are my inspiration.

LID said...

The mommy went out running this afternoon, in the middle of party prep, she's a good example too, I'm just happy pushing my vacuum and eating twinkies at the same time. ROFL!

Angel said...

Finished last... I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you are feeling recovered. And to be your inspiration.....awwww that is too sweet. Good luck with that and please please keep me posted.

Long island dad... Yeah for your wife. I'm sure it isn't easy to do that with her schedule. Twinkies!!!??? I love love twinkies. They are like kryptonite for me. So.... I don't buy them.

Angel said...

Okay, I'm not sure if kryptonite is the right comparison but they are addictive to me. LOL My nemesis if you will.

Terry said...

You people and your Twinkies!! Give me a good ol' Zinger instead. I know, I know... Its just a Twinkie with frosting...

Good Luck on the diet!! I am only 5' myself and know how quickly those extra 5 lbs show up..

Angel said...

It is so awesome to meet so many vertically challenged ladies here who know what I'm talking about. We have less places to hide it. If the weight went where I told it too perhaps I could be like Pamela Anderson. LOL but no, that doesn't happen.

We have ding dongs in the house right now and I am doing good. My son likes the name....'ding dong'.