Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

A good night had by all

We signed my son up for baseball today. He's excited.

Then we went to my parents house for a full turkey dinner. It's the only day this week we had as a family and we had a nice night with delicious food and a rousing game of 'Uno Attack'. My parents lost to hubby, me and my son.

My mom is amazed by my son's math abilities. He's advanced for sure. I know that in school these days I'm amazed how 1st graders are doing some elements of geometry. But what is amazing is that while all the other kids were doing addition my son had already moved from subtraction to multiplication and does it in a snap. So tonight, while adding up his points from his hand he took 10 cards and added them all up to 77 points. My mom was shocked. Hubby and I just smiled. I knew he was like that. He has been doing math since age 2. We would do simple math in the tub with toys. I do the same things with my daughter. That and using big words and defining them to them. I was told I used large words as a child properly and so my kids continued that trend.

So a good time was had by all. Well my daughter was very very cranky. She hasn't been herself for a time now. I seriously think she's getting her 6 year molars. She's acting just like her brother did when he got his. *sigh* Teething. It's still an issue.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Family time is always nice!! Glad to see the hubby is getting to relax a little more...

Anonymous said...

Maybe your son can come over here and help me with my taxes :)

Mike said...

Very awesome.

Can't do math to save my life, but I am hoping the kids don't take after me in that manner.

We play lots of Uno and Dominos and other counting games to get ready for kindergarten.

Angel said...

Terry... yes it was an evening that my family needed for sure.

FL... *chuckle* His mom does the taxes in this house. :D

Mike... I'm pretty good at math but his dad is a wiz at it. I have been able to put the basics in a way that he's grasped quickly. Good teacher or naturally good at math? hmmm.