Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Shopping and thoughts about jeans...

I went to Kohls today with gift cards from the holiday. I like to wait for the return rush ends and the winter stuff goes on clearance. Because of that I got three pair of levis for the price of one and three sweaters for the price of one. Am I cheap? No, I just can't pay full price for something that I could pay less for if I'm just a little more patient.

But what bothers me more than anything is that not all jeans are the same size wise. From one manufacturer to another from one style to another not one size 3, 5 or 7 are the same. I know that is even true for my son's levis. I bought him two of the same 502 jeans, one was made in Malaysia and one in Indonesia. Same manufacturer and same exact style and size. One was smaller. What the heck?

So hubby bought me jeans for Christmas. He bought me a pair of jeans that were called "Angel's" because he thought it would be cute for me to wear jeans with my name on it. It's the same reason he loves me to buy from the Angel line at Victorias Secret and loves my bag from that store that says "Angel." He bought me the size I wear (I won't say for fear of you knowing LOL) but they were too small. Since losing weight since the 1st I could button them and I figure I would have fit in them soon but I couldn't have a pair of jeans in my drawer hoping I would wear them.

I returned them and couldn't find new ones in the line. But I did find some Levi's and 'So' jeans in the same size and smaller that fit. So what size is right? I'm not sure I really want to know. I do know that I feel good when the smaller number jeans fits me. LOL I guess I'll enjoy the ignorance.

16 comments:

LID said...

I don't think the Victoria's Secret thing is because of the "name" thing. I bet if you wore items from there with "Butch" sewed in he'd never notice. I just sayin' LOL!

Angel said...

hahahahahahahahaha.....

That was funny. 'butch' You are more than likely right. He doesn't seem as particular which line I buy from as long as it's Victoria's secret. Maybe I'm thinking it's cute. lol

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!

I used to model for Victoria's Secret!!!

Anonymous said...

Me TOO!!!

Angel said...

There have been many times I have bought jeans by the same brand in the same size and they both fit different. It's insane. Kids clothes are WAY worse. 2T in one brand fits like a 12 month in another brand. It's so frustrating!

And since I have the same name as you, I also love getting stuff with my name on it. I love telling people my name too... they get so surprised and smile every time. I'm so vain.

Angel said...

Blogland seems to be 'honoured' (tongue in cheek) to have so many celebrity visitors. yippy for us!?

I know what you're saying Dramamama about enjoying telling people my name. They DO always act surprised. Just today the woman at the return counter was commenting on it saying she only knew one other Angel (and said she remembered her last name because the name was so rare.) I was smiling.

lioux said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lioux said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lioux said...

Check it out Co-Worker Dan and Black Madge!

Angel spells honoured the way the british do too!!!

Angel said...

hahahahahaha lioux! I was so...... going to say "Check it out CW-D and blackmage, Lioux has that stutter problem again!"

You need to lay off the Paula Abdul diet there Lioux!

Anonymous said...

I wonder why 36 inches isn't the same on different pairs of pants. But I'm just happy that I don;t have to worry about whether 38 and 40 will still fit

Angel said...

Yes, FL!! You should be happy and proud. Clothing manufacturer's suck. For all you know you might actually be a 34!

Working Gal said...

I hate hate hate shopping for jeans - but, then again, I do LOVE it when I have a pair that work right for me. I am determined not to buy any more clotes until I have lost a good deal of weight. I'm also a Kohl's fan - they have amazing sales. I just refuse to buy anything, anywhere at the suggested retail price. As long as I work for the government I have to be frugal - although, I suspect it is more of a personality trait than a result of circumstance.

cheex said...

no comment




:)

Mike said...

I'm with LID on this one.

Angel said...

Working gal...Yes, bargain shopping is a born in thing. Nature, not nurture... although it can be encouraged. I hope you have the reason to shop for a whole new wardrobe soon!!!

Cheex.... sorry that this post has you biting your tongue.

Mike... so the male consensus is in... I could sew 'butch' into my V. Secret garments and hubby wouldn't care. LOL. I'll have to ask him. ;)