Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, January 05, 2007

So long, Fairwell, auf Wie·der·seh·en...good bye....


Today he announced his 'resignation'. The coach of my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers Bill Cowher has resigned after 15 years. 'Resigned' not retired. All the sports people firing questions kept asking, 'will you coach again?' and I found the question was unnecessary. I say he will. Why? Because of his carefully chosen word 'resign'. He didn't say retire folks.


In the end he will be missed but forever remembered in the hearts of the Steelers fans. Now the thoughts are on who will replace him. Pittsburgh has only had 20 coaches since I've been alive. This will be interesting.


See the link to the story at Yahoo if you would like...(or care. LOL).... "Cower Resigns...."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe the "Chin" won't be roaming the sidelines in Pittsburgh. Whoever follows him will be under a lot of pressure. Noll followed by Cowher followed by ..... tough acts to follow.

Angel said...

Hey!!!! FL!! How are you feeling? Better I hope.

Yes, tough acts to follow but the Rooney administration is a good family to work for. 13 years of very little then one year to the Superbowl as the underdog and then one crappy season. They stick with someone when other teams would cut a coach loose.

It shall be an interesting thing, a new coach.

lioux said...

Have an awesome weekend!

Your magnet is on it's way!

Angel said...

You Too Lioux!

Awesome! I'm so excited!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks I feel ok. Ibuprofen is a very good thing.

Angel said...

I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. Don't I know it with Ibuprofen. The last 3 days a glimpse of an impending migraine has been here when I wake and by lunch I'm near tears. But I did as my doctor ordered and took three ibuprofen (which is alot for my size) and listened to my mom and surrounded the pills with food. It's the only thing that has worked on these headaches.

Anywho....I hope you continually feel better. :D

Anonymous said...

I hope you do too. Migraines suck.

Angel said...

Yes they do, thanks FL. Always sweet.

I plan to ask my doctor about them this month when I see him.

My head feels great, woo hoo ibuprofen!

Sally said...

I follow the Steelers only because Joey Porter is from my hometown, and he does great things for the community...his uncle works at my old company, and Joey would come in and sign autographs in the cafeteria whenever he was in town.

Of course, my true love is the KC Chiefs, who will play their first (and hopefully not last) playoff game tomorrow...and NO, they did not BACK INTO the playoffs...they deserve to be there (no, I'm not defensive ;> ).

LID said...

Coach Bill is one of the all time greatest coaches EVER! Even though I'm a New Yorker - We LOVE him! When I'm not rooting for my JETS, the Steelers under Coach C. are the next best thing. I'm Sad!

Angel said...

I know.... it is a sad day in Pittsburgh but we have been almost expecting it. *sigh* You can't make a guy stay if he doesn't want to. (Unless the price is right. LOL)