Finding the slices of heaven.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thanks LID, and other stuff.....

Because today we have snow. Yes, snow. The four letter word I urged Long Island Dad NOT to say but he did. He tempted the snow god and now we must pay. It isn't bad yet but it's friggin' cold out and my blood has become thin like a southerner. I'm not good with extreme temperatures. I think to repay him I should pelt him with snow balls if I ever see him. If anyone lives near him please lob one his way for me, thanks! (I'm teasing you bud! hee hee.)

On the upside I have been weighing myself every morning since Jan. 1st. I have a target of 10 - 15 lbs to lose by the end of February maybe mid March. My hubby's brother is getting married in April on the gulf coast of florida and so bikini season will come early to this girl. ugh! So I started my 'moderation' diet. I can't quit things like chocolate or ice cream cold turkey, never to indulge in them again. If I did that I would fall off the wagon and it would be not so good. LOL. So I believe in 'everything in moderation' I indulge in a snack to curb the craving but not a big portion. I have cut my portions in half (which got way out of hand over the holidays) and even pick a smaller plate to trick my mind. I hate admitting how much I weigh but if I do maybe I'll reach my target quicker. So January 1st I was at a gut wrenching 122.4#'s. Yikes! Now folks, that might not seem like a lot but I'm only 5'-0" tall. It shows up quickly. I can wear some large girl sizes I'm just not tall. If I put on a lb it goes out and I have less lineal feet to hide it in. When I was pregnant I looked like a toothpick with an olive in the middle.

So anyway, I have begun exercising as well since portion control only goes so far with 10-15 #s to lose. Ten days later I weighed myself this morning. 119.4#s. Yippee!!! Now I tend to fluctuate here and there so it will be slow going but I lost the 3#'s I put on during the holidays and I'm pre-holiday weight so I'm off and running!

My target is 105-110#'s. That is the middle of the range acceptable weight for someone of my height and bone structure. To anyone out there also looking to trim down.....good luck and keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Angel said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! That sounds like just the kind of diet that I could do! WOW!!! Thanks for the tips!

I'm 5'7" and weigh... um, well I'm sure it's over 150lbs. So I have to drop some. This just might work for me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. I am still in the middle (actually I am about 10 pounds from my goal weight ) o fmy weight loss and it amazes me how much I was eating before and how I have seen that a little bit of something can be enough if you have the right mindset. Good Luck!!

LID said...

Thanks for 'da love! I was wondering when you where going to comment on my faux pas! I watched the weather channel last night and said... oh no! Angel's gonna be pissed!
Keep up the great weight project, sounds like you're on the right track! WTG!

Angel said...

Dramamama..... besides the portion size and allowing yourself a small craving try this. Put music on and dance with your kids. REALLY dance. That is a great workout and quality time they'll remember. Also if you're laying on the floor as they play do leg lifts. I try to fit exercise into every day things too.

Finished last..... you inspired me to get back on my regimen. Your dedication and discipline has shown in your weight loss. Good for you! Keep up the good work!! I'm proud of you! *smile*

long island dad... you're luck I DON'T live close by. I would so sop you with a snow ball when you exited your house. LOL. But just in playful fun. I live in western PA and near lake effect snow. I would have to be a moron to not expect snow. You were just an easy target. *wink* That and I plugged your blog. More comments on his blog please folks. He's sick of reading my voice. Wait...whatever. LOL

thanks all for the support. I know I don't have as much as some to lose but losing weight is never easy. I vowed after I had kids to not look like a mom. I like the whole MILF ideology and strive for that. Hopefully if I'm wearing clothes that are too young for me hubby will tell me some day. Until then....LOOK out junior departments. LOL

Sally said...

Wow! Your starting weight is my GOAL weight, and I'm only 2 inches taller than you!! But, I know that weight will work for me b/c that's what I was before I got married, and I liked how I looked and felt...I, too, have 15 lb to lose to get to that target...and I've been working out 6 days/week for 3 weeks and NOTHING!!!

I think I need to try that smaller plate thing...AND get rid of all chocolate and chips in my house...so sorry, hubby, but it HAS to go.