Finding the slices of heaven.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Adult *ahem* talent post

In the spirit of Long Island Dad's post about sharing our *ahem* adult talents and because I saw the post on AtHomeDaddy's blog about not being the chef in the house. I make many many complicated recipes for both dinner and

I got this recipe from http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/ because I needed a quick, easy recipe that my daughter (the very picky eater would even eat.) All you have to do is cook the chicken (or even buy precooked chicken if it suits you) throw the items together and bake for 1 hour.

Chicken Macaroni Casserole

1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (important!! Don’t cook the noodles!)
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1-1/2 cups cooked chicken (cut in sized pieces of your choice, I have cubes)
1 can mushroom stems & pieces (you could skip this if you want)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10-1/2 oz.)
1 cup milk
½ tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together all ingredients. Pour into ungreased 1-1/2 quart casserole. Cover and bake for 1 hour.

Serves 4

The only issue I have found with this recipe is that some of the macaroni noodles at the top can be hard so you can pick them off if it’s an issue

12 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks. I'll try it out on Monday or Tuesday. I am hiding from the kitchen until then.

Angel said...

LOL np....

Rachel Emma said...

Sounds yummy i'm a very fussy eater too so it's nice to find something you can eat easily that you actually like or is healthy not just junk food.

Hope your ok,
Rachel Emma

LID said...

Sounds good... I'm tryin' it too! Thanks A!

TRAIN WRECK said...

You should get Lioux's recipe for Condesending Casserole. Doesn't matter what you put in it.
Just put the oven on 350 and roll your eyes when it isn't done.

TRAIN WRECK said...

condescending
ding...ding...ding
spell check bell

LID said...

BTW - there was no *ahem* in my post! We all have diverse talents, some more diverse than others, LOL!

Angel said...

long island dad.... I hope your family likes it. It isn't my absolute fav recipe but it's up there.

Also.... I know there was no *ahem* in your post. I added it for my varied *ahem* talents. LOL.

TW.... LOL correcting your own mistakes now? hee hee

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angel said...

rachel emma... I'm sorry I missed you there.. thanks!!!

Mike said...

It has taken a while to get to it, but we will be dining on your now famous Chicken Macaroni Casserole tonight.

Gives me a reason to play with the wife's KitchenAid cheese grater attachement.

Hooooo boy!

Angel said...

I made it this week but used more milk and two cans of cream of mushroom soup.... I need to up date that because it is creamier that way.

Good luck!