Finding the slices of heaven.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A shopping day out for the fam damily


Today was our monthy big trip to "Big Bad Bulk Store." We go other times for a thing here or there but once a month we go and 'bulk up'. hee hee.


Sunday is the worst day to go to this store for many reasons:


#1 Now that the Steelers aren't playing husbands around town have no more excuses for avoiding the bulk store.


#2 All two income families that fill my town don't have time during the week since the store closes relatively early.


#3 This store has various stations around the store to offer samples. Many people (my parents included) make this their lunch. I kid you not. And at each section people swarm like sharks around chum and it makes passing through with oversized bulk store carts more frazzling than ever. The difficult thing is that the samples are so delicious to the starved shopper you are probably going to buy 5 extra things you don't want to buy.


So we meandored through the store with one kid per cart (which is needed for what we 'bulk up' for.) We drooled over things I want and things hubby wants. From HDTV's, to stainless steel canisters and many other things. Tell me why I need 3,000 straws? Why? Because my kids go through them like toilet paper (which btw you can buy 36 rolls of them there for cheapy cheap.)


Big money later we are putting the goods into the car as the snow swirls around our heads. What we discovered was that Wolfie's trunk can hold MORE than the 2002 Jeep Liberty we just finished our lease up on. Wolfie! a Jetta!!!


We get into the car, turn on the heated seats (Angel loves her buns toasted. Hahahaha.) Then we went to the party store to look for invitations for my son's 7th birthday. (7th? Holy crap! Where did the years go?) While buying the Hot Wheels invitations my daughter announced she had to use the little girls room. But this store doesn't have a public restroom. Of course.


We had planned on going to "National X Home Improvement store" and there were no places between point A and point B for a bathroom. *sigh* So upon pulling into the parking lot I was in action. I jumped out of the car, whipped open her door, adeptly unclipped her seatbelt, scooped her up into my arms and began to take off in my 3" heeled boots. Along the way I found a cart, deposited her in and ran into the store. We moved fast (without running) to the back of the store. Hubby and my son were behind somewhere and would catch up eventually.


I'm happy to say, we made it with dry undergarments. *wipe brow* From there we began to plot and plan new and expensive home improvement projects. You know, for after I get the job I haven't found yet. But we did buy two ceiling fans with lights for the kids room. They were on sale and we were happy. Drano and furnace airfilter later and we go to check out. A complete white out is whirling outside. It was beautiful, yet cold. Again the heated seats save me from freezing my tushy off. Then hubby put the two large boxes amonst the other huge boxes into the trunk and THEY ALL FIT! Never would the Jeep had held this much. Never.


So thus ended our shopping excursion. I'll spare you the exhausting trips from the car and up the stairs with the aforementioned big boxes.

5 comments:

LID said...

Ah, another Sunday suburbia... sounds exactly like our Tuesday's -- (Mommy's off during the week) almost to the letter, sort of freaky! What's funny is when you run out of 3000 straws and go, "Didn't we just buy 3000... yeah, last week!" LOL!

Mike said...

We have to ration straws around here. 4 a day. No more.

Otherwise you have to get a job and buy your own straws. Or steal a handful from McD's.

LID said...

Wow, Mike you're tough... How many squares of toilet paper am I allowed?

Angel said...

long island dad... they are the kind with paper around them and I find the freaking paper everywhere. LOL freaky the same? Are our families in synch or are suburban families the same? lol

Mike... wow! I need to send peanut to your house for straw boot camp. She grossly misuses straws during the day. Perhaps the 3,000 could stretch to college when you were done with her. LOL

Mike said...

If you are potty trained, you get as much potty paper as you want.

If you are an almost 3 year old girl who refuses to be house broken, then you only get to roll paper the as fast as you can 3 times IF you make an honest effort. Or if you make daddy laugh when you are making potty faces.