Finding the slices of heaven.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Lighter note...


On a lighter note from my last post I have to say that, on a Saturday after sleeping in, my son wakes up in a wonderful mood. He isn't a morning person like his younger sister or mom (he's like his dad...lol) But this morning he is so funny.

He says so many funny things and I hope to write down some of these gems he says so I can record them for posterity.

This morning he was telling me about the special effects on the game he was playing on his gameboy game. I replied by, "You're kidding me!" His reply? In a serious tone he said, "Mommy, I never kid when it comes to games."

Then a few minutes later he told my husband that cereal, including the Honey Nut Cheerios he was eating, was made of wood shavings. Apparently a cartoon once said that and he has a photographic memory. Then my husband said, "No they are made of oats and other things. Here, read the ingredients." My son did read the ingredients and was upset to see that there were almonds in it. After realizing that he could deal with the almonds he and my husband discussed the honey part of the cereal.

He asked my husband, "How do they get the honey from the bees." My husband, jokingly said, "They gently squeeze the bees." After saying this absurdity I looked at my husband who laughed hysterically. My son laughed too. But quickly followed with, "Maybe they dress up like a bee and say..'buzz buzz' and the bees let them have it."

Somewhere toward the end of this discussion my son said, "But the bees don't get paid for this job. I guess they could get paid in honey." He cracks me up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning person eh? Yuck!! If God wanted us to see the sunrise he would have scheduled it for 10:00. BTW I think Winnnie the Pooh tried the method your son suggested to not very successful results. I have a quotemiester at my house too and they are great for a laugh and a smile

Angel said...

*giggle* Not a morning person FL? That's okay, night owls are important too. I tend to rise happy but also stay up late...lol. I'm odd.

I think you're right about Winnie the Pooh. Perhaps that's where he got the idea. I know they've seen Winnie the Pooh Halloween movie a time or two.

They are the sunny side of life, I call it ying and yang. One moment is bad but the cute moments and laughter balances it all out. *smile*

btw... I'm glad you went to the doctor and got medicine. I hope you're on the road to recover.

LID said...

"Squeeze the Bees" LMAO!!!!! Wait, I thought that's how they got the honey. "They don't get paid"...budding young union organizer!

Angel said...

My son love, love, loves money. He rejoices in finding a penny and plans to do whatever makes the most money. He used to want to be an ice cream man until he found out they don't make much.

LID said...

My kids, love, love, love MY MONEY! The "Girl" a.k.a. Helper's sister, who's 12 -- subscribes to the double S theory of economics...SAVE mine, SPEND yours. WTH! works for her. If I could only do that with the Mommy...

Angel said...

Sounds like he has a great sense of humor. I love seeing that in kids.

Angel said...

My goodness do my kids have a sense of humor. We laugh all the time!! I put jokes taped to the inside of my son's lunch box when he packs now that he can read pretty good. He shares them with his friend and that way I'm never too far away. :D

Laughter is a priority in this house. Laughter and dancing. Yep. We have a wild house. Hee hee.